Terms and Conditions
Table of Contents
Nutrition North Canada accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions on this Web site. In some instances the content of this site is a compilation of data obtained from many sources and the data is subject to change without notice. Nutrition North Canada does not warrant or guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or current at all times.
In no event will Nutrition North Canada be liable or responsible for any damages resulting from any such errors, inaccuracies or omissions nor will Nutrition North Canada be liable or responsible for any lost profits, loss of revenue or earnings, claims by third parties or for any economic, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damage including but not limited to any demands or causes of action in contract, tort or otherwise including any liability for negligence.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by Nutrition North Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions.
To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0S5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which Nutrition North Canada links is not subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
- Nutrition North Canada Web site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act.This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- Nutrition North Canada employs software programs to monitor network traffic, and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- This website uses Web analytics tools that place session and/or persistent digital markers (i.e. cookies) on the device you use to visit our websites. The cookies we use do not allow Nutrition North Canada to identify you personally. The information obtained through the use of these cookies may be shared with Google Analytics and WebTrends, which supply Web analytics services to Nutrition North Canada. The information obtained through the use of these cookies is compiled into aggregated statistical reports used to analyze traffic patterns to, from and within our websites (for example, most visited pages) and to assess our websites' efficiency (for example, analysis of broken links). Such information may be used by Nutrition North Canada for communications and information technology statistical purposes, audit, evaluation, research, planning and reporting.
- Visiting our website with cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience. You can set your browser to detect and reject cookies. Please consult your browser's Help Menu for instructions.
- Information on individual visitors is only used by Nutrition North Canada employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Nutrition North Canada's web site, may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator by e-mail to [email protected] or by calling (819) 953-2049 or writing to:
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
10 Wellington, Room 517
Les Terrasses de la Chaudière
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet.
Nutrition North Canada respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Official Languages Policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site is available in both English and French. However, visitors should be aware that some information from external sources are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
While every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accessibility of this site, some content or services found here might be inaccessible to some visitors. In those circumstances, the contact information for someone who can assist you has been provided.
Web Standards for the Government of Canada
Nutrition North Canada has made every effort to comply with the Web Standards for the Government of Canada.
- Date modified: